Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

How come people want to be popular?

My (x) friend just wanted to be popular so she hung out with me I just want to have lot of friends thats why I am popular!!! So...........

Favorite Answer

Some people do it because they like to have a lot of friends, some do because they are born naturally popular, but others do because in some part of their life they feel mediocre and need social acceptance. Your "x" friend obviously slid her way into your life so that she could be ACCEPTED by the rest of the popular people.

I dont know i think that some girls that are popular are just stuck up girl trying to get noticed and most want to be popular all for the wrong reasons.When i was in school i was popular too but not because i wanted to be i just love to have friends.

People pick being popular as a goal when they are not thinking deeply enough about the kind of person they want to become and what kinds of skills, talents, and interests they want to develop. In other words, because it's easier than being something meaningful.

i think that people that wanted to be popular are really retarted because being popular is not always a good thing because then people or even your friends are like talking at your backs so that's why i think is not a good thing of being popular

As long as you stay true to yourself and to others and live your life as you see fit according to your beliefs, you'll get all the popularity that you are deserved. Dont get caught up in a popularity contest it will only show that you have no self worth and you are fighting for the attention from others. You shouldnt have to fight for the attention you deserve. Love yourself and others will love you back.

Being popular is a base for power for some. Politicians work at that very hard.

FORSELF ACCEPTANCE, AND ABUNCH OF OTHER BULLSHIT REASONS YA KNOW. I THINK POPULARITY IS STUPID. PEOPLE WHO THINK THERE POPULAR ARE STUPID, DUMB AND REALLY HAVE NO LIVES , WITH NOTHING TO DO EXCEPT WORRING ABOUT IF THERE POPULAR. I DONT REALLY CARE IF IM POPULAR. IM NOT IN GRADE SCHOOL ANYMORE. POPULARITY IS ALL LITTLE KIDDY ****!!!!! ONLY CHILDREN 18 AND YOUNGER GIVE A **** IF THERE POPULAR...AFTER 18 AND OLDER YOU HAVE MORE THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT THAN POPULARITY, THERE THIS THING ....CALLED LIFE, BILLS, FINANCES, JOBS,FAMILES....DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I MEAN

You are lucky to be popular it doesn't come naturally to a lot of people.

It' must be a pain though when friends use you to gain their own form of popularity.

That must be the price you pay for being attractive, clever, witty, stylish and nice.

popularity = self worth, for some.

Its a lot of fun when u get htere but unpopulars can have fun just dont get unhappy about it.Having a lot of friends is fun because more people are available and...just trust me.