In Texas is a landlord/property manager legally responsible to clean the property before you move in?

Favorite Answer

Not that I know of, and I've lived in Texas most of my life.

Legally... NO.. but I cannot believe a landlord/property manager would have the audacity to not clean up a property prior to moving in.. If I was renting a place.. I would have that in the contract PRIOR to actual signing.. If you did not do that and moved in anyway.. make sure you take pictures of the place.. all scratches, damages, etc when you move in.. pictures you take will have the dates on them.. The first thing I would think of ... if a landlord did not clean up and a TENANT signed the lease anyway is that they want to STIFF you of what he would call damages when you move out.. Be very careful !!

• bacher

NOPE, no longer required through regulation. a strong LL guarantees that tenants shifting out sparkling the gap or employ or do the cleansing themselves, deducting it from the safe practices deposit of those tenants. yet there is not any legal requirement. truly if the position isn't sparkling even as viewing, it really is an ideal question, or sequence of questions of the LL. contact both the owner and resources manager and tell them the situation of the position is unacceptable. persist with up in writing. tell them what you what--cleansing service, employ abatement, etc. MGR change into responsible usually for seeing it change into sparkling or getting it wiped clean--it really is what they're paid for. No trash should be left in cabinets, in premises. No guarantees in any respect, even if the earlier you act, the more beneficial positive. ask for forgiveness and say that you hate to bother them, yet that the premises were.......

You need to make sure the property is in acceptable condition before you sign the lease.. or add a contingency to the lease that says how long the landlord has to make it right.

Most definately., unless you had an agreement with the landlord to clean it yourself for discount on rent etc...I used to clean apartments for free rent.

They're legally required to change the locks between tennants, not clean it. Even if they do, I recommend that you clean and disinfect before you move in.

Nope, it is a courtesy, at least when I worked in property management it was.