How do I write exponents using word?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Click "Format"

Click "Font"

Check the box "Superscript" under the Effects section

You can then type your exponent number. Don't forget to go back and uncheck the "Superscript" box for normal typing.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

You need to use superscript. You do Format > Font > and in Effects click superscript. That is for Word. Now if Works is slightly different it will still work basically the same way. If you can't find it, go to Help and ask about superscript. edit: There is a shortcut that works on Word, don't know if it will work on Works. Highlight the number you want to superscript. So like 2 to the 3rd you would just put 23 and highlight the 3. Then press CTRL, SHIFT, and the equal sign all together and release. Might work on Works not sure. Definitely works on Word.

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How do I write exponents using word?

Source(s): write exponents word: https://bitly.im/s1SQX
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awwhS

This is the easiest way: 1. Select the text you want to make a superscript. 2. Press CTRL/SHIFT/= To make it normal text again, repeat the process. To make a subscript, press CTRL/= instead. Hope that helps.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

type in the number go to format--- then check superscript it should make it small and at the top like an exponent

• 1 decade ago

I agree with #3 with the superscript, or you could use this symbol, ^, which is SHIFT and 6

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

TYPE FOR INSTANCE 5 IN LIKE 20 IN THE FOUNT AND THEN GO TO THE SIZE AND THEN TYPE FOR INSTANCE 2 IN A SMALLER LETTER AND IT SHOULD WORK HOPE I HELPED

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.