Lost Car Garage Remote Control?

Could you please tell me what to do ? How to make a new one ? How much does it usually cost ?

Favorite Answer

you can buy a universal opener at radio shack, just read and follow instructions to program it. I have two of them, they work just fine..good luck to you

Most major brands sell replacements. I've replaced and added a few over the years. All you have to do is "retrain" the system. Go to any major hardware store or look on-line. Anywhere from 25-50 bucks probably. Maybe cheaper...

There should be a little button on the motor in the garage that you push and then activate the new remote. Bingo, you're back in business.

• bev

any help out lock smiths?

I'd tell this same story to a big box that has a Menard's, Lowe, in it so you can just hang another one. How much does it cost Well, that depends, if you have to do it all, your self and you pay for it and you are standing and look down and find the other remote u just might be in the ambulance and the doctors bills the cost of the new one could be expensive.

You can get a new one where you bought your opener. It will cost between $20 and $40 dollars. If you didnt buy the opener just find where they sell that brand and buy the remote there.

In Australia they cost somewhere around $80 to replace but I think you might be able to get a universal remote that will open it.

Remotes are sold at Home Depot .Cost about $35.00

Source(s): I work there

If you can't find one compatible at HD or hardware store, try

clickaway remotes. You'll have to google it and find it, but that's what I had to do. It was about $20 and they shipped it right away.

• T C

You can buy one ( a universal) at the hardware store, maybe $25 dollars, instructions tell you how to program it

I had to buy one..Got it at Home Depot for $35.00. They programmed it (was told that's easy to do) and it works just fine.

go to sears and get a programmable one, also change the code at the door opener incase someone stole yours and want to try to get into your house with it...