Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

What is the difference between being mad and being angry?

Favorite Answer

Degree.

mad-a little bit upset

angry- I am going to beat the crap out of the next person to talk to me

• EW

I suppose there are many ways one could go about answering this question but for me when you're mad, you are basically irrational...there's just no talking you out of whatever it is that has made you mad. When you're angry, it's more of a controlled situation, you can even think rationally and are better able to articulate exactly what has made you angry and why.

I think basically they are the same, unless you mean mad like "crazy."

But if you mean like upset, they are pretty much the same and can be used interchangeably. I have always thought of "angry" as worse than "mad," though..

ANGRY: Feeling or showing anger; Anger is a term for the emotional aspect of aggression, as a basic aspect of the stress response in animals whereby a perceived aggravating stimulus "provokes" a counterresponse which is likewise aggravating and threatening of violence.Very mild types of anger are typically described as "distaste," "displeasure", or "irritation," while "rage" refers to an extreme degree of anger associated with a loss of calmness or discipline (in the case of human conduct).

MAD: huffy, roused to anger; brainsick: affected with madness or insanity; delirious: marked by uncontrolled excitement or emotion;

mad means that you are ready to get into a fight and starting punching things

angry is being upset but having control of your emotions to not physically fight, raise your voice, or anything.

ok to be politically correct, to be mad is to be insane and to be angry is to be very irritated at someone

I think they both mean the same thing..just using different terms.

mad means you have lost your mind, like a mad scienceist. while angry means you are upset.

they are synonyms of one another so the only difference are the words themselves. :P I think.

no difference. it's the same.

Nothing really.