Kat
Lv 6

OK, is this etiquette overkill?

I was just offered a job after 3 interviews and tests. After each meeting I e-mailed a thank you to the person in charge of the interviews. Today I got the job! Yay!

Now, do I just not contact them for the 2 weeks before I start there, or would it be nice to send a card or something?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I would contact them and "just make sure" you have the start time, any training manuals they might have in advance, or something else menial just so they know you are still very interested in the position and look forward to working with them.

• JQT
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

If you have already accepted the offer verbally, you may want to contact them next week just to make sure you have proper documents, attire to start your orientation on the first day.

If you haven't accept already, call them to get a contract fax to you. Everything is better in writing.

Congrats!

• 1 decade ago

Call HR a week before to see if you can get some of the paperwork done, this way you won't spend your first half day at work pushing your own paper.

• Chris
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Personally, I would send a Thank You card to the main people who were responsible for your hiring. It will make them feel appreciated, and could possibly help your career the be less stressful. Good luck and best wishes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • J G
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Congratulations!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Congrats!

There's no need to send a thank you card.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.