how old are children normaly when they learn their abc's?

Favorite Answer

Depends on how soon and how often you try to teach them. It can be anywhere from 2 to 4... by four, they should definitly know the ABC's, even if they aren't completely "correct".

• My daughter learned her ABC's at the age of 2, but she was in a daycare from the age of 1 month to 3 years. Generally they say the age 3-4, they learn. Most children start JK at 4, so they will definitly be learning them there.

It varies with the individual and what they are exposed to. I was about 4 when I learned abc's. I have a grandaughter who is 2 and knows them already because of Sesame Street and other TV programs.

They can usually say them when they are 2 1/2, but they can't actually read the letters till 4 or 5.

4-5 years old

Every child is diffrent but 3-4 is about right my daughter knew her by 3 but my son who is 3 is just starting to learn them .

my daughter is 2 years old and she knows her abc's but yea like another said she is in daycare and has a 4 year old sister who teaches her alot.

My daughter is 2 and we are working on them. Other 2 year olds I know, know them already. One way to learn them is to sing them to your child while they wash their hands. It gives the child an idea of how long to wash their hands and they will learn the song eventually if you are consistent. Good Luck!

my daughter was 18 months old when she learned to sing the ABC...

at first she didn't get all the letters right... but now she is 20 months and she can sing ABC, twinkle twinkle little star... i love you( barneys show)...

the best you can do.. and sing along with her......they learn so fast.... when you least expect it she will be singing by herself

• Amelia

Two years.