Daylight Savings Time: Why not move the clocks half an hour and be done with the whole thing?

Favorite Answer

Because that would make too much sense.

There are more and more countries doing away with the whole stupid idea of daylight savings time altogether. It served its purpose when we were more of an agrarian society. But now it is just annoying. The United States and parts of Canada are the only western countries to still hold on to this antiquated practice.

I think it should be put on double summer time and left permanently on that. Most people seem to prefer the daylight at longer in the evening in the winter months instead of the darkness mid afternoon here. I'm dreading it when the clocks go back next month. Here in the UK they supposed to be putting it on double summer to go on with the rest of Europe but it hasn't happened yet.

• Smiley

Why not just pick one and stick with it? I've still not recovered from the last switch! On a positive note, I'm actually looking forward to the upcoming one.

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!

Yeah but, we are so used to the "one hour in the spring: one hour in the fall thing," do you really want to **** that whole thing up?

That's the best idea since popcorn ! Congratulation's

I've been asking that for years!