Has there been a final determination of the cause of the death for Anna Nicole Smith's son?
I know they were questioning overdose, but unsure if they had made a determination.
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
It wasn't an overdose, but the combination of Zoloft, Lexpro, and methadone killed him.
- La VoceLv 41 decade ago
He overdosed on methadone.. Toxicology also said that he had traces of two other prescriptions that he was taking on a regular basis, but the methadone was a surprise.
As has been mentioned earlier, it is meant to be used to combat heroin addiction.
However, it seems that some people like using it as an illegal drug.. There are drug dealers around here that sell it, and supposedly you can die just from taking one of the pills if it is combined with anything else. So, it sounds like he died on accident.
I'm sure Howard Stern is shedding many tears..
I wonder if australia might offer a state funeral for anna and howards son like they offered for steve irwin. Then again..he wasn't a druggie.
- laney45Lv 41 decade ago
People magazine is reporting Anna Nicole Smith's son died of a lethal combination of drugs which gave him an irregular heart beat.
Cyril Wecht, who was hired by Anna Nicole to look into her son's Sept. 10 death, says Daniel Smith died from a combination of methadone, Zoloft and Lexapro that led to cardiac dysrhythmia
- mystic rainLv 71 decade ago
Anna Nicole Smith
Pathologist: Drug Combo Killed Smith Son
Sep 27, 5:57 PM EST
The Associated Press
Anna Nicole Smith's 20-year-old son died from a lethal combination of methadone and two antidepressant drugs, a U.S.-based pathologist who conducted a private autopsy said Wednesday.
Toxicology tests showed Daniel Smith had methadone, Zoloft and Lexapro in his system when he died Sept. 10 in a hospital room in the Bahamas where his former Playboy playmate mother was recuperating from giving birth to a daughter, according to Cyril Wecht.
"The fact that we have these drugs and the levels of the drugs overwhelmingly and most logically point to this being a tragic, accidental, drug-related death," Wecht told The Associated Press from his home in the Pittsburgh area.
Wecht said Smith apparently died from a "classical" combination of the drugs which had a lethal "cumulative effect on the central nervous system."
"Coroners working around the country, we see this in people taking two or three drugs or more," he said.
Smith had been reported to be suffering from depression in the weeks before he went to the Bahamas to visit his reality TV star mom and his newborn half-sister. Zoloft and Lexapro are antidepressants commonly prescribed for patients with anxiety and panic disorders.
Methadone, a pain-reliever, is also commonly used by people recovering from drug addictions.
"It is used for people who have been on heroin or morphine," Wecht said. "I have made those inquiries. I can only say to you no one has suggested anything having to do with drug addiction in this boy."
Wecht said he would share his results Thursday with the pathologist who conducted the official autopsy in the Bahamas, but did not know whether they would issue a joint report on the death.
In Nassau, Chief Magistrate Roger Gomez said he has not yet received official toxicology results, which will determine whether or not a jury inquest into the death is necessary.
Smith's body remained at a Bahamas funeral home hired by the family Wednesday.
Howard K. Stern, a lawyer for Anna Nicole Smith who was in the hospital room when Daniel died, told CNN's "Larry King Live" on
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
It was a lethal combination of the medications he was taking: two anti-depressants and a pain killer that is often used by people overcoming heroin addictions. No one has said if he had such an addiction. It was not an overdose though and apparently not intentional.
- Big BearLv 71 decade ago
Methadone, Zoloft, and Lexapro. They said it wasn't an od, but I think they're covering a LOT up by moving to the Bahamas.
- 1 decade ago
There is a page on the yahoo main page that talks about it They say it was accidental he had an overdose of his pain meds and his depression meds.Source(s): www.yahoo.com
- 1 decade ago
It was an accidental lethal combination of Lexapro, Zoloft, and methadone.
- shirley eLv 71 decade ago
Overdose of Lexapro, methadone and something else.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Minor Edipal complex?