Since i pay for internet, can i watch "tv" on my computer?

Update:

I have broadband..not dial up or dsl

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can always legally download shows from iTunes. They have some awsome ones like The Office and Lost available. It's not the cheapest thing in the world (typically 1.99 for an episode) but you can watch the shows over and over and the picture quality is only slightly less than that of dvds.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, but not usaully through the internet. You could get a internal or external tv tuner card (prices vary). You plug the cable cord into the tuner. Most of them also have options so you can record the shows to the hard drive as well.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, sir, you can. We had a program called 'Win TV' We got it at Best Buy. It was really neat too, because one could take snap shots of anything during any program, and could save them to the computer, Check this program out. It's fairly inexpensive, so you might find interest in it as well.

Hope my answer was of some kind of help to you. Good luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you can but then again do you have dial up or dsl? if yopu have dial up you'll be waiting forever for any video to dowload. also your computer should be latest technology to have a good picture.

• 1 decade ago

yea but you need a part that you install in your computer so you can hook a cable wire up to your computer and you need a program to watch the tv show.

Nero is a good program to use to watch them.

and if you search on yahoo for a Nero crack you might be able to get the program for free, but this is illegal, so do so at your own risk.

• 1 decade ago

Yes you would have to buy a TV card installed into your PC and then yes you can watch TV on your PC

• 1 decade ago

soft of. lots of websites like dinsey channel .com have their shows available to watch on the internet

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yea but u have to payfor it..soem free services are ok but the channels are limited and the quality isnt that great..

• 1 decade ago

that depends on what you want to see.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.