I think i have polystistic disorder is anyone familiar with it?

Favorite Answer

Yes I am very familiar with it, I was diagnosed with it when I was 16, I am now 46. It is called poly-cystic ovarian syndrome. What happens is the outer part of the ovary forms a coating so to say that is like a plastic, as in poly, that prevents the egg from being released every month. Therefore, you cannot become pregnant, and instead of having periods you have what is called break-thru bleeding. Meaning that the lining builds up so long that is eventually just sheds and you have what you feel is a period but is really the break-thru bleeding. I was told when I was 16 that I would never have any children. However when I was 24 I did have one child. I consider her a miracle baby. The doctor was a shocked as I was, he said it should of never happened. I never was able to have any more. All of the women I have ever met with poly-cystic ovarian syndrome have never been able to have children. I hope this helps you understand this a bit more. I would highly suggest though you make an appt. with a gynecologist asap. good luck.

PCOS Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is an endocrine disorder a network of glands that produce chemical messengers that we know as hormones. It mainly affect the female reproductive system , it affects 5 to 10% on female related fertility of any etnic origin. It also represents higher risk of obesity , heart disease and diabetes. This condition can be improved with an early intervention with medication or certain lifestyle changes.

For more information please consult your doctor or visit http://www.pcosupport.org.

You'll want to differentiate between polycystic ovarian syndrome and polycystic appearing ovaries.