my hp compaq computer does not have sound. I searched the system and it said there is no audio device.?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

U are missing a sound driver. On my computer n the desktop, right click my computer, click properties. Then click the hardware tab and den click device manager. If u see a ? or ! then u have drivers missing. Sometimes these drivers are named some are just unknown. Go one the ! or ? right click and u csan chooze to reinstall the driver. Most likely they are on Cds the computer come with or hardware u recently installed so put it in yur cd rom and windows will search for it, if successful, it will install. If u kno d name of d device but cant find the driver, go to www.driverguide.com. Have to sign up but its free. u can go to yur HP website and check. They may ask for yur serial number or name and model of the computer. Laterz

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

first of all what model of hp?

second let me know and then i can help you.

nonethe less find device manager scroll to sound devices.

make sure its there ( your sound card). write it down. get on the internet in the search bar type the device name along with hp then reeboot.

or you can uninstall the device reboot your computer and when you are promted windows has found a new hardware device click cancel. finish booting and go to windows update at the top of your start menu this should get you your device driver.

in the event this does not work you may need anew sound card.get ahold of you nearest tech support.

hope you can solve it....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go to http://www.hp.com website and download the driver for your audio device. You can find a lot of downloaded audio drivers that is compatible to your PC.

• 1 decade ago

you need to install the audio driver for your system... to do this you would go to www.hp.com and go to their support section and do a search for your particular model of pc ie... pavilion etc... and then download and run the setup file for the audio device... hope this helps...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You might have to install the sound driver for a utility disk that they gave you- NOT the Windows XP disk

• Balu
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

reinstall it.

for further computer help

http://computerhelp-downloads.blogspot.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.