Do I need an AOL e-mail adress to get AIM?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You require an email address, any one will do. Go to Yahoo! and download theiir messenger. It's free and can be used with many other messengers

• 1 decade ago

No

AIM is a free service that has been out for a while now. You can download the program without having to have an AOL e-mail address. You will get an AOL AIM screen name and the stand-alone chat program, but that is all.

Here is the link to start you off (if you want it)

https://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/login/login.psp...

• 1 decade ago

No you don't need an aol address to use AIM, however I think aol now has free e-mail or is soon to have free e-mail

• 1 decade ago

No. AIM addresses are freely available and appropriate. As part of the decision to shift strategy, AOL addresses are free now as well. Either one will work.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You don`t need a AOL e-mail address, But you do need and e-mail address, like Yahoo!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no, you do not need an AOL email address to get AIM. You may register with an email address you may already have.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

NO, got to AIM.com and download the software, you will need to sign up for an AIM screen name though, that you have to do.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I easily have like 3 i don't probable use the 1st one, i glance after each and every of the video games, registration crap in the 2d, the the third is for random stuff, i'd desire to get 4 in case....

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

nope

• 1 decade ago

no, just go to aim.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.