alcohol.....?

Lately I've considered taking up a new form of destracting myself from this crazy life. I'm 24, and married. I've notice how relaxed people on TV seem to be after a good drink. I've never even had a sip of beer in my life, but I think I'd enjoy some hard drinks. I work at night a couple hours and go to school and workout a couple hours in the morning. The rest of the day is pretty much finding a way to entertain myself. This sounds stupid, but I'm serious. Any advise for a soon to be alcoholic? I need to find a way to destract myself.

Favorite Answer

Stock up on Alka-Seltzer.

omg don't do it!!! once you start, you will feel "on top of the world" and all your troubles will seem to go away. Then before you know it, days, weeks, months and years have gone by and you can't stop.

Then, your family members find out and want an intervention. You go along with them but still drink behind their back.

Then, everyday after work, all you think about is having that drink to "relax and take the pressure off". You wake up the next day, go to work and do the same thing over and over and over again.

When you take a shower in the morning before work you say out loud "God, please help me. I can't live like this anymore." Then you make up your mind that you will not drink that night after work.

This "mind game" wears off very fast. As soon as you walk in the door, You pour that glass of wine, and everything is just fine! (yeah, you think).

Unfortunately, your problems are still there........they did NOT go away. When will you deal with it?

Source(s): Me...........

Alcohol, taken occasionally is OK, but dependency on alcohol is absolutely NO-NO.

You can try to find out other ways - can you not work for more hours? It will not only keep you away from alcohol, but also get you some money, and maybe some company/ friends. It will also open up many avenues for you work wise.

You seem to have time on your hands - maybe you can take up an extra subject in school like music/ art?

as a "soon to be alcoholic" you should attend an open AA meeting and see just where alcohol can lead. It can take away all ambition, make you not care about work or school or any important relationship you may have. My advice is don't start. It's sort of like smoking. If you are twenty-four, why start now?

Source(s): I work as an alcohol and drug abuse counselor and have seen just how bad alcohol can ruin a life.

i am 23 years old and just started drinking beer recently(within the last 5 months)I LOVE IT!!! just be careful because you can over do it. i personally never got out there and had fun. now i'm experiencing things that normally 17-21 year olds do. it's alot of fun and can definately occupy your time. just be careful you don't start to like the drinking you better than the sober you HAVE ALOT OF FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source(s): my own experience

Becka, a drink on special occasions is fine, great if you do that but as a hard hitting drinkker, will hurt you!

Find a good gym or take up a hobby. Find something productive that you like to do.

• Nurcee

I'm a firm believer in most things are ok in moderation but nothing is good in excess.

Are you distracting yourself or practicing escapism?

What's hubby doing during this time?

Take up a hobby......reading, or writing.....go to the gym and work out........find something to do that you really enjoy......make some new friends.....there are lots of options. Good lucki!!

alcholic is bad 4 ur health so dont drink