Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Are Americans so timid that whenever they see a muslim, they crap their pants & use Bill of Rights to wipe?

We didn't dump our great heritage of adhering to civil liberties when fighting the Nazis or the Soviets. We lost many many more lives in the fight against those evils. Were we just braver back then?

Now Bush's America is so cowardly that will do anything to get some measure of comfort. Let's just flush the constitution because we're all a bunch of babies. At least the Democrats are not a bunch of scared children crying for their mommies and are willing to stand up for our constitutional rights and liberties.

Favorite Answer

The current admin. isn't timid they're trying to destroy the bill of right because it doesn't fit their agenda, which is to line the pockets of their cronies and to stay in power. They go about doing that in the same way as is expressed in the book 1984 by george orwell. They say the nation is being attacked and use the fear to get bills passed that otherwise wouldent. the say that during war people cant undermind the country by questioning the admin, im sure plenty of people have seen my Nazi quote but i'll show it again.

“Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” — Nazi Reich Marshal Hermann Göring during the Nuremberg Trials.

Think about all the paralles to today

People may not like it,but you actually make a valid point.I've been sayin' that 4 years and the truth is,I think its gettin' worse!Just look around,all this political correctness makes me sick.Its like every one's scared to say whats on their minds and fight 4 whats right,what they believe in.Its a deep seeded problem that we won't even scratch the surface of,but the short answer 2 ur Question is:YES,in general,we we're a braver and prouder people back in the days of old.I hope we can change the direction our society has been heading in,but Im not sure if we ever will.

for starters "Bush's America" as you call it is no where near timid and if we had a Democrat in office we would have done nothing about the September 11 terror attacks. I stand with my country and its decisions if you were to know that Government at all you would know that a president can not declare war it is the job of congress to declare war. I being a Republican hold my bill of right at the top of my American pride. I will not let some outsider ruin my life and my freedoms. and i definitely would crap myself

if i was 18 i would be in Iraq right now i wouldn't care if i died cause i know it did it for the right cause. America to be the best country in the free world needs to follow this one rule. Love it or Leave it!

Er... the Soviets were our Allies who did the most fighting against the Nazis and lost by far the most men. Had we or you ever fought them we would most likely be speaking Russian.

No America was not braver then, you didn't want to fight in WW2 and had to be forced to by the Japanese attacking you and declaring war on you first.

Their are men of their word and there are men of contracts, I'll take men of their word any day.

what kind of happy horse $hit are you talking bush only does what he thinks we want to see. We no longer have any say in what our government does not like the old days when the gov. worked for us now we all work to pay for the governments choices.

Yes actually we did we went so far as to censor journalists and jail those who spoke as many speak today. I suggest you read some history before you mouth off about things you don't know.

I crap and us ethe Koran to wipe, I also use the pages to sop up pigs blood, but thats just me. No joke, I really do.

And we did give up many civil liberties during WW2 but since EVERYONE sacrificed no one complained about it.

Not like today.

• dstr

Fear is not only a waring from Bush and his party...its a threat...and we have all seen this Bastard will carry it out.

Are you on crack? We have always tortured when it suited us, and always will. When it really hits the fan, nobody cares.

blah