Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

What would your man do if in the midst of an argument you called him a diva?

I was arguing with my fiance and when he got really mad and started areguing all I could think of is ho could I get back at him to make him shut up so I called him a diva. He got quiet and I knew it pissed him off but hell it ended the argument for a while!

To all of you this was an early morning arguement that we had while commuting to work and when I say arguing we didn't sream and yell we just agreed to disagree (I often just go along to get a kick out of it because he's such a calm laid back person). So when we were, I decided to call him a "diva" as a mockery for being over expressive and he was silent out of shock but it made him realize just how insicnificant this disagreement was. Yes, we have a daughter together and I feel arguments or disagreements are healthy in a long term relationship, making up is the best t often helps put things back in prespective. This was not a question for your personal judgement of my relationship but rather a question for you hypothesis. (directed at those over thinkers who like to analyze)

Favorite Answer

he would snap his finger and say "girlfriend please "

What made you say diva. That is like saying punk *** bit** or femine guy to a man. You know a straight man hates to be anything like a gay man or a woman. You know he wasn't going to say nothing because he was probably so insulted he just couldn't say nothing. My man personally would of took it as an insult because you know how guys are (he's black guy from the hood). He might wouldn't have shut up. His first question would of been, "And what the **** do you mean by that"? You know another argument may come later about what you said to him.

My husband would laugh and be over with the argument. Most things in a marriage aren't worth fighting over for more than 5 minutes.

• April

If I were he, I'd dump you. If you are arguing over stupid stuff now, OMG your marriage won't last 4 years, sweetie. You both need to grow up big time, or go your separate ways. For sure don't have any kids until your relationship is stronger..... your marriage will never survive the rigors of raising a child....

I try to avoid name calling at all, but if I called my husband a diva, it would take a long time to get him to talk again.

He would laugh in my face. I think between the two of us I'm definantly the diva.

• Patty

He would most definitely laugh,which would then make me laugh,because his laughter is so unique that I can't help but laugh when he does.

He would probably laugh and athe argument would be over.

My man would laugh and then we would stop fighting. I will definetely have to try that one.

He just didn't know what a diva was!

Ha!

He would probably laugh at me and it would break the ice.