Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 1 decade ago

what do ribosomes do in plant and animal cells?

i have been lloking in my text book and i cant find what they do can any help?

Favorite Answer

ribosomes, basically, is the machinery that helps build proteins. Ribosomes are found outside the cell's nucleus and work with mRNA and tRNA to form protiens from amino acids. mRNA fits within the ribosome, and each codon (a set of three ribonucleic acids) code for a specific amino acid. The tRNA attaches the amino acid to the last on the chain and then leaves. Then, the ribosome moves one codon down the chain, to code for the next amino acid. This process ends up building a strand of amino acids (protein!). After this stage, proteins fold into tertiary or quaternary structures and become functional in your body. (hemoglobin is a tertiary protein). I wish I could draw you a picture! In a nutshell, ribosomes are involved and VERY crucial to protein synthesis.

Source(s): I'm a Biologist

Animal Cell Ribosomes

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): ribosomes plant animal cells: https://shortly.im/khZOu

Ribosomes are found abundant on the surface of rough ER(endoplasmic recticulum) and they also suspend in the cytoplasm of the cell .Ribosomes act as a workbench for the synthesis of DNA . After being modified ,the ribosome is then moved to the Golgi Apparatus to be further modification.

Ribosomes read the information encoded in mRNA and translate it into proteins. They are the macromolecular complex that synthesizes all cellular proteins from the information encoded in the genes. They utilize tRNA molecules to help read the mRNA and transfer the amino acids into the synthetic process.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/yLifo

I am not sure if you meant chromosomes? Anyway I think yes, for they are involved in protein production which are required more in animals than plants. Thanks.

in a nutshell, ribosomes play a part in protein synthesis...

they produce protein synthesis.