Ansem asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

I need help!!!!!?

I have been talking to Jessica for 3 weeks already. I think she is really attractive. The day before yesterday, I have been caught staring at her then I looked away (I was like 20 feet away from her). I know I probably made her feel uncomfortable. This week, she was rather avoiding me like when I went into the class, she still had her head up (yesterday's incident). Then when I took my seat, then she put her head down. and now today, she sat somewhere else today since someone took her seat. Is it right for me to sit next to her today? How do I start making her feel comfortable talking with me again? I really want a friendship with her. Should I just tell her a coverup on why I was staring at you like "Did you ever got the string that was on your sweater?" but then again, how do I explain her looking back at me and I look away? Hmm. Or should I just tell her the truth like "I find you very attractive. I want to be friends with you and nothing more."

but then again, if I do that, she might say "Oh, I do not want to make friends with you." How do I start talking to her again? I want to make friends with her? I am starting to be sad since most likely our potential friendship broke off when she caught me staring at her. I want to continue the friendship. Should I just say "I'm sorry for staring at you. I hope we can still be friends." I really want to become friends with her. How do I convince her that I am sorry for stalking her and I won't do it ever again. What would you do if you were me?

Favorite Answer

Well, don't stalk her for one. I know how she feels, I hope you don't like her because it is obvious she doesn't like you in that way. By staring at her, you've made the friendship uncomfortable by suggesting more than friendship, something more than she wants, and she doesn't like it. Try talking to her while she's in a group of friends, but by all means don't ever go up to her, let it be casual, don't make it obvious. Casually talk about some other girl you might like or just act like you always did before things became uncomfortable, as if nothing changed. If things remain acquired, just write her a note or tell her straight out that you want to be firends and you're sorry if you gave her the idea that you wanted something more. Good luck!

It seems like you're really freaking out. So, the first thing you need to do is calm down. You don't need to explain to her why you were starring at her or anything like that because a conversation where you are explaining something like that will be way more uncomfortable for her than her noticing one time you were starring at her. Just try your best to act like nothing happened. I'm sure she hasn't given it much thought. I'm also sure she hasn't decided that you are completely worthless just because you were starring at her. So, don't worry and if for some strange insane reason she was put off by it then really you don't need her, because she's crazy. I can't think of a single person that stopped to talking to someone because they caught that person starring at them one time.

You just need to relax around her, I bet the fact that you are so nervous makes her uncomfortable. If you just treat her like anyone person (I know you don't think of her this way but pretend), she'll relax around you and will be more comfortable getting to know you better. Also, you should take opportunities to talk her about things like movies, tv, books, whathaveyou. Just don't bring up the starring thing. It's over. It happened. It's like the most natural thing in the world to happen so just move on.

I know you're embarrassed but really you didn't do anything too bad.

You might start by saying 'I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable the other day, that was not my intention. ' Then go on to say that you find her attractive, and you would like to get to know her better. Maybe she feels that since you didn't say anything to her at that time, that you are not interested in her and she may be trying to avoid you. The longer you wait to say anything at all, the more difficult it will be.

Maybe she feels uncomfortable with you staring at her or maybe she just doesn't like you because she just doesn't...There are all these kinds of ways to make friends with like just start talking to her...I also think you telling her that she's attractive might be going to fast..Hope this helps..

Your very confused and write so much...lol You should be a writer and make money.

To answer your question...it iwll take time for you to adjust to relations and how they work, but also know where you stand as a person and how you want others to look at you and the rest will fall in place.

That really does not sound like a big deal. Just act normal, like it never happened. If she does not talk to you because you looked at her, then she has other reasons and that is not it. If that is her excuse, then she is the weird one.

She's gonna forget, just start talking to her again.

You might try actually talking to her, that's a good icebreaker

that's kind of weird... give the girl some space

quit stressin out its ok