Best treatment for IBS?

I suffer from this and I was precribed Tofranil for it by my OBGYN (also has helped me with my anxiaty and depression) and that heleped immensly, My attacks went from 15 a month to 1 or 2 a month. Then my pills ran out an since I am being treated now by a gastralogist she doesnt prescribe Tofronil she put me on Bentyl. I'm actually having more pains on this pill than if I was on any medication at all. Has anyone else suffered from this side effect of Bentyl? Are there any other medications out there for IBS with diarreah?

Favorite Answer

Try Activia from the yogurt display in your grocery store. Also try Peppermint Plus from Enzymatic Therapy. I have gotten amazing results with it. (Check your local health food store).

Source(s): Digestive Wellness - Elizabeth Lipski - is full of good advice and information. Good luck!
  • JustMe

I suggest all-natural Optiflora. It treats the cause and not just the symptoms.

It's a two-product system that uses new technology to protect beneficial microflora during the rigors of shipping, storage, and the acidic journey through your stomach. Includes Probiotic (Bifidus & Acidophilus...microflora) + Prebiotic (FOS...food source for microflora). Patented guaranteed delivery of 500 million microflora to intestines.

Hope this is helpful and feel free to contact me with questions or the website.

Colofac tablets helped me.