Jenna J asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

How do snails or starfish reproduce? I have salt water tank. just wondering if they will do it on me.?

I was wondering how snails and starfish reproduce and under what conditions they will do that. I have a small tank with 9 snails, a starfish, and a few fish. Will I have to worry about snails in my tank?

I didn't mean put them on me. I was just wondering if they will reproduce while i have them and i hope they don' t but if they do then they do

• iceni
    Favorite Answer

Invertebrate reproduction is not a problem in the saltwater tank as most of them have larval stages where they are a part of the free-floating plankton (this definitely includes the snails). Most filter systems remove them and the few that may have survived make a great snack for the rest of the tank. If your starfish does actually reproduce, a marine store is guaranteed to take them back.

A

Yes snails will reproduce all on there own you will see a Ziggy looking line of white eggs these are snail eggs and once they are laid it takes about 2 weeks and they will hatch. Starfish do lay eggs but more common if a leg and a piece of the bod detaches from the rest it will become a new starfish.

It depends on what kind they are. Some are hermaphroditic, while others require a mate. You can look them up, and I know there are a few pages that can help you identify your inverts if you don't know their names. Actually, you can look at an online fish store's pictures for a good idea, as they usually sell the more common inverts.

By the gooy stuff that comes off their bodies.

first off

you would have to keep your hand perfectly still for at least two days

and they move so so slow

you may miss it all anyway.

good luck

you are sick why u want to put them on u. leave them in the taank they will jus like humans. but dont watch either then u are really sick.