Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Remember the sympathy expressed by the world after 9/11?

Where do you think it's gone?

Has it dissapeared because of the US's overtly imperialistic designs on Iraq's oil?

Has it dissapeared because Bush ignored the REAL threat in Afghanistan and instead, opted to invade Iraq illegally in order to secure the Iraqi oilfields?

Has it dissapeared because people have learned that the chemical weapons that the US accused Saddam of using against the Kurds, were supplied by the US in the first place?

Or is there another reason?

• dstr
    Favorite Answer

No I think you covered the basic reasons

It's called 'time'. Where has the world's sympathy gone for the Asian tsunami? I would say it's still there, just quiet.

Could you please explain in detail how the government benefited from Overthrowing Saddam, if it had nothing to do with national security? Explain the oil thing.

Bush uses the attacks of 9-11 to justify anything he does,,, he invaded Iraq knowing Saddam had nothing to do with the terrorist attack,, knowing he had no WMD,,, telling the American people that his mission in the war is to spread democracy,, and yet he wants to torture secret prisoners,,, while Osama bin Laden still roams free in Afghanistan,, claiming he wasn't invited into the country by President Musharraf,, who he stands beside in a press conference trying to sell his book,,, does he expect the world to believe that Saddam did invite him

• ?

I remember the "sympathy" expressed by the people of Lebanon dancing in the streets.

And I don't think your question gets any better after that lie.

The world sympathy lasted about as long as the liberals patriotism, was it three days. Leopards never change their spots they just hide in the grass before they attack.

I used to have sympathy for the lib/left until they started defending terrorist, now I hope they get what they deserve.

Everyone remembers 911 we put things that are sad in the vey back of our minds ..but believe me when i say ...its engraved in our heads !

Because of US arrogance towards an iternational consensus