Is Lauryn Hill's "Sweetest Thing (Mahongany Mix)" song religious?

I love this song and I have been listening to this remix for years, but never really paid much attention to the lyrics. Last week I just finished reading portions of the Bible when I started listening to this song, and the lyrics kinda sound like they make reference to the Bible and Jesus's sacrifice.

Anywho, here's a link to the lyrics page: http://www.lyricszoo.com/lauryn-hill/sweetest-thin...

Favorite Answer

it's hard to tell without asking her directly. Sometimes you can't say specifically what a writer is thinking when they write their lyrics. It does seem like she is quoting the Bible verbatim on some points though.

• cissy

not basically a solid write, yet a solid question, and that i assume the troll sharks are out right this moment, so I anticipate i gets TD's too, yet gave a TU to those i understand and a celeb for you. sure I do like, and function had the prospect to swim interior the presence of untamed dolphins and whales, and it rather is a good adventure.

Who know's, she's a racist.