Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Is global warming a terror tactic?

notme, i did not say that it was not happening, i just said that it is not within our control. But just 30 some years ago, people feared there was going to be another ice age, how long is the world going to continue to warm before we head to an "ice age" again

carbonia, your right, most of them, but not all of them. And why shouldn't we believe the gov. on every turn except when you want to?

• Favorite Answer

No, Gore isn't that smart. It is a fear tactic to garner financial support for radical environmentalist groups. That is why no matter what happens, heat wave, cold front, dry spell, floods, big hurricanes, no hurricanes, forest fires, mud slides, even earthquakes, they will say, "See we told you GW was real." As long as every disaster or natural peculiarity is linked to GW, they can keep us scared and giving money. Don't fall for it.

LOL most of those "sites" are government sponsored. Check out the satellite pics showing chunks of ice the size of Texas moving on out of the arctic. Gore could be using the environment for his own personal ends, but that doesn't change the fact that something is indeed happening to the environment. Sticking your head in the sand doesn't change that fact.

sorry but I don't believe everything the government tells me. Especially when scientists are stepping forward at risk of losing their jobs to talk about the danger happening to the environment.

• dstr

Temperatures at the Earth’s surface increased by an estimated 1oF (0.6oC) over the 20th century. The 1990s were the hottest decade of the entire century; perhaps even the millennium, and 1998, 2001, and 2002 were three of the hottest years ever recorded. The growing scientific consensus is that this warming is largely the result of emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases from human activities including industrial processes, fossil fuel combustion, and changes in land use, such as deforestation. Projections of future warming suggest a global increase of 2.5oF (1.4oC) to 10.4oF (5.8oC) by 2100, with warming in the United States expected to be even higher. This warming, along with the associated changes in precipitation and sea-level rise will have important consequences for the U.S. environment and economy.

Higher temperatures threaten dangerous consequences: drought, disease, floods, lost ecosystems. And from sweltering heat to rising seas, global warming's effects have already begun. But solutions are in sight. We know where most heat-trapping gases come from: power plants and vehicles. And we know how to curb their emissions: modern technologies and stronger laws. NRDC is working to put these fixes in place. By shifting the perception of global warming from abstract threat to pressing reality, and promoting online activism. By pressing businesses to use less energy and build more efficient products. And by fighting for laws that will speed these advances.

• notme

That the earth is warming is a fact. Do you deny that? If so I won't bother to try and make a coherent argument, I have better things to do.

Global warming and cooling are natural cycles controllable by no human species. The "researchers" who get million$ for their opinions are going to say whatever it takes to get the next grant.

• Erika

all of it seems somewhat fishy to me. at first Bin Laddin became experienced via the cia and became funded by way of the eighty's. I easily have a hell of a confusing time thinking that somebody with that style of coaching our government wouldnt shop tight tabs on come on get genuine they arent even searching for the dude. The bush's and binladdins are like 2 peas in a pod so a ways as oil is worried i don't think of bush provides a damn approximately bin laddin in case you think of roughly it they the two make investments in a similar companies whilst it incorporates oil i'd desire to be certain how human beings think of the full component became staged see bin ladin and bush artwork mutually bin laddin assaults the U. S. to get us all pissed and roared as much as bypass to conflict with afganistan then Iraq i think of the two one in all them are only attempting to take over the area to shield there peronal funds. Yeah the twin towers have been takin out via planes ok so what in regards to the penagon I didnt see one shred of air plaine areas in the photos on the information and likewise the component of the penagon that became struck became under renovations in any case so there have been minimum human beings occupying that section attempt to tell me this would be a twist of fate so a ways as worldwide warming is going nicely particular possibly a controversy yet nevertheless bush won't do something approximately that because of the fact lots of the measures in contact has to do with employing cleanser skill (not OIL) so there for determination skill even nevertheless he talks enormous should not be probable to take place in his presidency because of the fact then the call for for oil might drop and he might loose funds we would desire to consistently in no way have anybody in the whitehouse with a private schedule. I used to love bush in the commencing up yet I easily have lost maximum all know for the guy yet in my view i think of the yankee human beings would desire to in actuality overthrow the government and initiate up over our government is so corrupt now days you won't be able to have faith any of them in any respect they're all in it for them selves and dont provide a damn in regards to the yankee human beings. I hate discussing polotics lol i understand somone will examine this and be pissed and particular respond in a destructive way yet thats ok it quite is only MY opinion i'm not claiming this to be actuality only my opinion....

the funny thing is that everyone has an opinion and all they do is disagree. it's not going to happen in our life time so let the next generations deal with it.

yes..im running on the next hurricane warning..

Didn't you know that BUSH caused global warming?

Personally, I think HILARY could use some.

It is a way for liberals to scare people. The Kyoto Treaty has killed more people than helped.