What was the inspiration for the single "Rossana" produced by Toto?

Can you please help me?

Do you know the EXACT AND TRUE inspiration that the rock group Toto got to write "Rossana", a single that hit the Grammy Award for Record of the Year in 1983? Please, please give me the CORRECT answer!!!!! Note: If you have a web source just direct me to the exact URL.

Favorite Answer

i'm not sure what is the best way to answer this question, however, i did stay at a holiday inn express last night!

Rosanna Arquette...

Arquette was married when she was 19 to director/composer Tony Greco; they divorced in October 1980. (Some sources suggest that she might have been briefly married to an unknown individual once before, as well. [3]) She dated Steve Porcaro, member of the rock band Toto. Her 1986 marriage to composer James Newton Howard ended in the same way. The reconciliation with an old love of Arquette, English pop and rock star Peter Gabriel, proved also to be impossible.

Her relationships with musicians were the inspiration for two popular hits of the 1980s:

* "Rosanna," a Top-40 hit in 1982 (although the songwriter was not Parcaro, but another Toto band member);

* "In Your Eyes," from Gabriel's album So, a Top-40 hit in 1987.

Rosanna Arquette

Roseanna Arquette

Rosanna Arquette was either married or going out with a band member

It was written about Roseanna Arquette. Someone in the band was dating her at the time.

Rosanne Arquette. But I have no source.

Lead singer in TOTO was in love with Rossanna Arquette........Courtney Cox's sister in law........

Dude. I don't know. I mean, it doesn't take all that much to inspire a guy to write a song about you. Make him some fried taters and let him rub your curves. That's it. Seriously.