have been divorced 6 years find it hard to trust how to get pass this would be helpful?

Favorite Answer

You can't get past it until you deal with it head on. Keep in mind that not all are like your previous spouse so they deserve the oppurtunity to be trusted. Obviously you have been hurt in the past but look to the future. You may be missing out on a great relationship. Hope you find it. Good luck!

6 years is quite a while to hang on to a trust issue, but it gets better in time unless you keep dating people who lie to you, steal from you, or cheat on you. I have been divorced for 8 yrs and it took me a few years also to be able to fully trust someone again. it is hard, but you have to put forth the effort if you want to be in a relationship with someone. like i said it took me a while to trust somebody and that was with a few setbacks, mostly ex-girlfriends cheating on me, but i finally found someone who i trust completely and whole heartedly, and am truly content for the first time in my life, because i did finally trust the right person.