Gaspode asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 decade ago

An old saying in my family about a successful marriage?

A successful marriage is a give and take proposition. It is about 80% give and 20% take, for both of you.

Make sense?

• kitty
    Favorite Answer

yes ,21 years today!!!

Funny!!!!!

I just took a wedding focus test with the priest and one of the questions was "does your future spouse listen to you?"

So if she talks 80% of the times and I listen 20% of the times, then everything is cool!

I agree with that. My grandmother's advice has always been...."Before you do ANYTHING think about the other person's reaction and consider whether or not it's worth a potential argument. And if an argument happens always say you're sorry first (even if they are wrong) because then you automaticaly win because you said it first!

• Esma

Add "100% appreciation of the giving" and you're set!

• K S

yeah it does. mathamatically it's wacky, but it always feels like you give more than you take - no matter what the real ratio is.

Just keep that in mind when you are stealing the covers.. i know i have to..lol. but yes you are absolutely right!

I think that's good for the man.

• Amanda

Yup sure does.

Ya got it right.

yup