Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 decade ago

Where would I find tofu at a grocery store?

Could I find it at walmart? What section would it be in?

Favorite Answer

Refrigated section. Not frozen aisle but near there. Tofu needs to be keep cold but could be frozen but most stores dont freeze it. Try some smaller Oriental stores that might have it. Otherwise, if you can't find it, you could always try asking the employees there instead of us, because they are the professionals.

Usually with dairy products, but there are a few grocery marts that are strange they put it with their meat products.. they also have their cheese with the meat products! Some Safeway stores do this! Some SaveOnFoods stores do this! I recommend the firm Tofu and sprinkle a little nutmeg or dry cinnimon powder to bring out the weak tofu flavour.. What I like to do is take squares of slightly wet tofu.. cover in bread crumbs and cook in fry pan sprayed with cooking oil spray! I sometimes add a wee bit olive oil for flavour! (At Walmart I saw the Tofu beside the perogies!)

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): find tofu grocery store: https://tr.im/0nRYy

In the produce section of a SuperWalmart. It's with the soycheese and meatless meats. Buy extra firm. I don't know where you live but the tofu at Trader Joe's is the best. If you want to taste tofu cooked to perfection, try WholeFoods, in the prepared deli food section. Flavored baked tofu made by SoyBoy is great (smoked flavor is great).

It all depends on the store, but most grocery stores these days have a natural food or organic food section. They come fully equiped with foods from Tofu to icecream,Vegetables,Chips, and just about anything you can think of!

Well, I know there are Super Walmarts around the country and they sell food, so you may find it there. No matter what grocery store you go to, it would be in the refrigeration section like with yogurt, cream cheese, etc.

Hope this helps.

near bean sprouts or snow peas sometimes at the end of the veggie aisle. i've never been to walmart, but that's how it is at stop & shop!

also in health food areas, there are vacuum packed (not fresh) tofu that need to refridgeration, and those are on a shelf.

good luck w/ that, i can't make my tofu taste good no matter what.

I dont know if you can find it at Wal-Mart. If you have access to a Publix, usually in the produce (fruit and vegetable section) there is a refrigerated section of Tofu items.

• Carole

Tofu is usually in a refrigerated case in the produce department of most markets. If the market has a dedicated health foods department, then check in the refrigerated section there.

You should be able to find it in any grocery store in the dairy products section. If the Walmart you shop at has a fresh food section, you may be able to buy it there as well.