? asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

Do you use butter or margarine?

Margarine was originally manufactured to fatten turkeys. When it killed the turkeys, the people who had put all the money into the research wanted a payback so they put their heads together to figure out what to do with this product to get their money back. It was a white substance with no food appeal so they added the yellow coloring and sold it to people to use in place of butter. How do you like it? They have come out with some clever new flavorings. Both have the same amount of calories. Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams compared to 5 grams. Lowers quality of breast milk, Decreases immune response.

Decreases insulin response, And here's the most disturbing fact:

HERE IS THE PART THAT IS VERY INTERESTING!

Margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC.

Very high in trans fatty acids.

Triple risk of coronary heart disease.

Increases total cholesterol and LDL (this is the bad cholesterol) and lowers HDL cholesterol, (the good cholesterol)

Increases the risk of cancers up to five fold.

Favorite Answer

I dont think i wil ever use margerine again! lol i think that margerine doesnt taste very good and it tastes off.

I use margarine out of habit. Butter makes my mum sick so all I ever had growing up was margarine and I just kept on with it.

There are kinds that you can buy that have less fat and stuff.. heart smart and all that.

Margarine is full of yucky substances and the types of fats in it are worse for your body than butter. With butter you know what you are eating. Unless you choose and olive oil spread you are better off with butter.

I would much rather have the extra fat from real butter then the chemical from margarine. There is nothing better than real butter I wont even look at margarine

Margarine for most things but when baking or putting on corn on the cob I go with butter.

Most definitely butter, but I am a baker. Margarine just doesn't cut it with me.

I actually use margarine because it's healthier. I mean I really didn't understand that description. It sounds a little gross but it tastes ok. It'd be different if I never used margarine and then I read that, then i'd be like "yucckk!!" but margarine is ok.

I guess it'd be different if it was really duck liver or something. barf.

• COACH

There is just no substitute for the taste pure butter in cooking even though all the others do the same thing.

• Kitty

BUTTER BUTTER BUTTER.... its basically all natural...simply stir the cows milk long enough and YOU GOT BUTTER !!

I am trying to eliminate man fabricated foods.... Butter was my start years ago.... getting easier everyday to eat natural stuff !

Then why do they recommend that we eat MARGARINE not butter? They say Margarine is better for us!

I use margarine because it is better for you than butter.