Jorge L asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

should marijuana be legal.....?

if so, y.....if not then, y should beer and tobacco be legal if it kills ppl and weed doesnt.....

• Angela
    Favorite Answer

Puff...puff...

Yes.

Definitely not! Weed DOES kill people either directly or indirectly. By indirectly I mean that it often leads onto other much harder drugs. Which f**k people up before it kills them.

However, I must agree that other legal drugs such as alcohol and cigarettes can also kill but only when taken to excess or if the person has a condition which might exacerbate the problem.

• Lea

There has not been a good study about long term impact of marijuana smoking. It is believed that it should increase lung cancer risk because like all smoke, it tends to irritate the lungs. It is known and established that smoking marijuana does increase one's risk of getting into a car accident. Another problem, marijuana's effect of decreased coordination has not been truly quantified. We don't know how long it lasts, but it appears to be more than a day.

Source(s): pharmacy student

I think it should, here where I live in Vegas we are in voting season and on the ballot it's a question whether or not we should make marijuana legal. From what I have read, it could be the cure for alot of things. I use to know this guy who had numonia and he spoke marijuana to get the cold out of his chest and it worked. His doctors was trying to find out what he did, because of his speedy recovery and he told them. Now he smokes it all the time.......his wife had catorics ( disease of the eye) and it went away when she started smoking.....I think that would be the cure for diseases that we can't find cures for.

Nope. It smells really bad. I wouldn't want to be near anyone who's burning something that smells that awful. And, do we really want a new kind of cigarette butt to join the pre-existing kind that are littering the ground near every freeway offramp? I don't think so!

As more people bought mj cigarettes and smoked them for years, I'm sure we'd find they caused as much emphysema and heart disease as tobacco.

and... in case you're wondering, tobacco cigarettes are a dangerously defective product, and the only reason they're still legal is that your congressmen who aren't bought are lily livered, spineless, yellow-bellied cowards.

it should be legal because the government is spending a ton of money of the war on drugs which really isnt getting us anywhere, there are drugs, there are drug users, and there are drug dealers, its gonna happen whether it legal or not, stupid people can crash a car being on weed or alcohol, because they are stupid in general, legalizing marijuana but setting limitations such as 21+ would save the government money and might even boost the economy.

Where do you get your facts that weed doesn't kill people? Do you how many peoples live are ruined because someone decided to drive a vehicle after getting high. It is just as bad as drinking and driving.

If you would have asked me about 6 years ago I would have said yes but now I have to say no because I have seen to many ppl get addicted to other drugs because of weed and I have seen family torn apart because of it. So No

yes it should I'm a smoker of 7 years and it mellow me out and i totally agree with you if they can sell beer and liquor then why not!!! We all have to die of something whether it's weed smoke cigarettes or whatever so why not enjoy. it's a lot of undercover smokers out here so many people smoke bush smoke so why not...

I am still sitting on the fence on this one, but....we waste more money fighting to get it off the streets. If it were legalized and taxed, heavily,,,just think of all the revenue!

Weed DOES kill people. Weed makes people do bad things too. Did you know that one joint of pot equals to seven ciggs? To tell by your typing it sounds like you must be on some weed right now.

Beer and tobacco should be illegal too.