What is the quickest and best way to get rid of a cold?

Symptoms: Nasal Congestion, Sneezing, Runny Nose.

Favorite Answer

Drink lots of fluids, get at least 8 hours of sleep a night, take NyQuil if necessary to help these symptoms and to aid in your sleep. Eat regular meals. Drink hot soup as well. The sleep is the most important aspect so your body regains the strength to fight infection.

Source(s): Self (i am a physician)

You can't get rid of the cold- its a virus, have to live out its course. But you can control the symptoms- take a lot of vit c(either in tablet form or in fruits such as oranges) for the sneezing, if you're congested vicks really helps(rub for chest congestion and inhaler for nasal congestion) and drink a lot of fluids and eat well.

The only thing that seems to provide relief for me is to run the "cool mist humidifier" in the bedroom with the door closed; at high. Seems to help open passages to be able to get rid of all the phlegm. Like sleeping at the beach!

This sounds totally crazy but is true: drink a bunch of alcohol for a whole day. At the end, drink a ton of water to avoid a hangover the next day. I´m not sure why this works, but it does. Dont do anything stupid like going outside underdressed, stay home.

drink lots and lots of water, or any liquids tea I great! I recommend Vicks( congestion rub) also make sure you get at least 8 hours of sleep if not more. good luck and I hope you get feeling better.

A lot of rest and drink plenty of fluids (By fluids I don't mean alcohol since it will dehydrate your body) Drink some hot tea with lemon and honey.

Go to bed, stay there until you feel better. Drink plenty of fluids, i am told coke with a squeeze of lemon juice is good.

• huenke

attempt sweating it out... bear in thoughts if its a FLU its unquestionably a computer virus thats contaminated you, not from chilly climate. So how u caught the "chilly" is in significant factor. nutrition C is often stable... attempt something which will strengthen your power tiers, nutrition B is stable for power. Your imune gadget is down, so attempt to spice up it back up. stable luck :)

A nice herbal tea, your bed or favorite couch and a nice set of your fave movies.

drink hot drinks , and juices that contains vit C it is really imp , and u cantake any medicine containing paracetamol .

any way good luck.