On My Computer Why Dose It Say Windows Vista Capable? Do I Have Windows Vista?

Favorite Answer

Windows Vista is the new Microsoft operating system that has not come out yet. Your computer currently has Microsoft XP, but when Vista comes out, your computer will be able to run it, if you do choose to buy Vista.

Windows Vista is a upgrade program thats after Windows XP (like how XP is an upgrade from Windows 2000, and etc). Its in beta mode right now, so it hasn't offically come out just yet. I'm pretty sure you don't have Vista.

Your computer is just saying thats its capable of the Windows Vista upgrade. Hope this helps!

No.. you do not.. Vista will not come out until January.. It just means that when Vista comes out.. and with YOUR computer, you can UPGRADE to Vista if you want...(NOTE: I would think twice... or three times before I upgraded to Vista)

• Mordak

No, vista is still in beta mode, due to be released soon. Don't get it till the bugs are ironed out.

It just means your computer is compatable to use vista.

It just means that you can upgrade to Vista when it comes out.

No but you can upgrade they have a evaluation copy you can download and upgrade to at microsoft.com/vista But i did this and it made my pc slower so i would not do it.

• j H

Not necessarily. Just means that you can have it.

Watch your system when it boots up.. It will tell you what OS youre running