How long does it take to get a...?

How long does it take to get a 6 pack abs and how do I get one? I am 6 foot tall and I weigh about 170 pounds. I am not fat at all. So how do I get one and how long will it take? Thanks for your help. =)

Favorite Answer

Crunches are not the answer to six pack abs,muscle actually bulks you up,making you look bigger.So if you work out your abs "TOO MUCH" you're only gonna look bigger in that area,because you'll still have the fat but with a bigger layer of muscle(that is unseen due to the thick layer of fat on top).Cardio is the answer(cause it burns the fat but the muscle mass stays the same),but if you want to look strong and lean(not skinny) on your leg and shoulder areas,you should work out persistently in those areas and ask for guidance from anywhere to a gym to the internet...definetley God.Do research ok.I don't go for looks in a guy(at least not the first priority),but when I see a guy with a lean,small(not skinny) stomach and nice,strong,big(not too buff though) arms and legs,that is so sexy and shows that he takes care of himself and respects himself...

Source(s): i like fitness too
  • You don't state how old you are but if you've got the stamana start with situp's and crunches. Do 5 or 10 at a time, 6 or 8 times a day. Before breakfast, before lunch, after school or work, before dinner, and once or twice at night. SLOWLY increase the number that you do at a time, 5 then 6 and after a day or so 7 then 8 etc....

Hate to say it, but some people are just more genetically gifted. My boyfriend can stop working out for weeks but he'll still have a six-pack and when he does workout he doesn't work his abs that much.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Watch your diet, lots of chicken, fish and veggies and moderate whole grain carbs. Don't forget the cardio too. You can work your abs as much as you want but if there is any fat over them, they won't show, especially if that is where you tend to carry your weight (even if you are not "fat").

to get a six pack you have to work all of your abdomen muscle groups. Lower and upper abs and the obliques. How long depends on the person. Standard crunches help the upper abs , lower abs can be worked by doing leg lifts ( lay down on your back flat legs full extended knees together using only your legs keep your feet at least 3in off the ground in reps lift them up a couple feet then back to 3in keep your legs strait.) Oblique crunches (get in the sit up position keep your back flat and lay your legs to one side and do crunches toward your hips) remember to do the same amount on both sides. If you go to a gym they have machines that help as well by adding weight and speeds up the process.

Try changing your diet a litle the most common problem for alot of people they can't stay away from the white bread and the icecream.if this is your problem try cutting away from it slowly.drink plenty of bottle water everyday,at first your body want like it but in the end it will thank you.try doing your crunches and pushups,running and some of the 10 mintue kick boxing exrcise are the bomb i use it myself and i am almost a six pack again even though i am a female.So just stay faithful and kick the white bread and icecream.Let me know how it turned out for you start eating wheat bread it's healthy and none fating get the one 's with grain it's the best.Here's to staying healthy and getting that great six pack abs.

you make the right choices. you just have choice when to eat and when to sleep and when to exercise. You have to think thin that's what i do then it will take some time like 1 year or less depends on how hard you are willing to work at it.

everyone is different to how long it takes. keep going on. read tips on some great ab exercises on this site

Source(s): this will help you-free useful tips & articles on almost any topic- http://free-articles.50webs.com

just work hard at it...try various dieting ways...supplements...it really is how much time you are willing to spend on your abs and how much dedication you have to make them look good

That is something I'd like to know too,

my jelly rolls need some work.

IT WOULD PROBABLY TAKE YOU A YEAR TO REALLY GET A GOOD ONE IG YOU WORK HARD AT IT