i have heard rummors that wal mart is not doing layaway anymore??

Is that true??

Where can i find such info??

219ynabla I agree with you.. layaway is such a great thing!! It makes xmass shopping easier knowing you have time to pay a little at a time.. bc for whatever reason things alway "pop" up right before xmass!!

• wizjp
    Best Answer

Fact

BENTONVILLE, Ark. (Sept. 14, 2006) – Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. said today that, because of declining use and increasing costs, the company will phase out its layaway program as it expands other financing options. Customers will have until November 19 to place items in layaway for this Christmas season and merchandise must be picked up by December 8.

“Demand for layaway service has declined steadily as consumers turn to other options, such as online shopping, gift cards and no-cost credit alternatives,” said Pat Curran, executive vice president, store operations, Wal-Mart Stores Division. “To assist our customers, we are offering one last opportunity to use layaway service this Christmas season.”

At the same time, Wal-Mart is working to offer customers new payment options. The company already has zero interest offers for 6 and 12 months for current Wal-Mart cardholders. For the first time, customers who apply for a new Discover or Wal-Mart Credit Card will receive $20 cash back when they apply at the register and purchase at least $100 on their card the same day.

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates Wal-Mart Stores, Supercenters, Neighborhood Markets and SAM’S CLUB locations in the United States. Internationally, the company operates in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Puerto Rico, South Korea and the United Kingdom. The company’s securities are listed on the New York and Pacific stock exchanges under the symbol WMT. More information about Wal-Mart can be found by visiting www.walmartfacts.com. Online merchandise sales are available at www.walmart.com

I was told by my local Wal-Mart that they will not accept anything for layaway after Nov. 10 and it has to be picked up by Dec 6.

I really count on their layaway program. Not just because of making the payments but also it keeps the presents out of the house away from snooping little eyes.

My wife just put some christmas stuff on layaway at WalMart & was told that this will take place after this holiday season. So if you are going to do it do it now.

Source(s): For real...no joshing
  • Jim T

Who cares about layaway at WalMart.

As long as I can still eat 2 twinkies while I shop (and just leave the open box in the housewares section), and can just open multi-packs of socks and underpants whenever I need one, It's all good in the hood.

• yes the rumor is true.. how they feel they are loosing money i will never know,,u are charged a layaway fee to put money down,,, have to pay for it before u get it,,,i feel they are hurting alot of people,, that relied on laways to make things easier,, i hope they will change their minds i loved thier laways expiecly for christmas and school clothes,,,