Adam
Adam asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 1 decade ago

What do you think will happen in Japan now that Shinzo Abe is the Prime Minister?

Favorite Answer

Shinzo Abe is from a long line of politicians. I hope he will not piss off the neighboring countries, like go to Yasukini shrine.

I expect that he pushes the postal reform again. I also expect that he does more "yes man" to the USA. Well, that is expected of all Japanese PMs.

Most of all, I see a middle of the road PM rather than a maverick like Koizumi.

He will go to Yauskuni. Because he says it is, and has been, a government decision, mainly done by the cardinal members of the diet, from Liberal Democratic Party.

As a matter of fact, 14 PMs have ever visited Yasukuni. The most frequent visitor is PM Eisaku Sato (PM in 60s), 11 times.

They are all from the LDP.

he's the worst PM I have ever considered in Japan. BTW, i did not vote for LDP contained in the decrease abode election in very last December. and that i can not vote for LDP contained in the better abode election in July, both.

I think he will try to repair relations with the PRC. I imagine he will make Yasakuni visits, but as a "private citizen".

Hey...I already answered this question :P

I have 3 yahoo acounts...ahaha, anyway, I don't care much about the new government. Lets just give him time to see how he does.

I dont think anyone can really answer that.

Not too sure what he promised, but only TIME will tell if he keeps them.

No one can answer for sure because politicians are humans too. They can get influenced by others.

Lets just hope he does a good job

• null

I think that the succession crisis will be put back in the drawer...for now. Isn't he a conservative?

I think they will coninue to modernize their army and let them become more active in overseas adventures to hone their battle readiness.

time will only tell on this one..lets hope he doesnt do an "Ono"..and have to leave office after a few weeks

I don't know....sorry, I hate all government.