help with printer sharing, error message: Printer not activated, error code 41?

I am trying to share one printer between my laptop and desktop, both run windows xp, I am also using a Linksys wireless router for my laptop, the Linksys people say it's not their problem, both computers show that the printer is being shared, but when I try to print from my laptop I get this message:PRINTER NOT ACTIVATED, ERROR CODE-41, I appriciate any help I can get.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You can start at the connections, both power connection and the Device Driver. The device driver is found by clicking the my computer icon, or go through the start menu and click my computer. On the left side of the screen, a link by the name of View System Information, click that and click the hardware tab. From there, click Device Manager and see if you have any warnings or error s marked, it will be some form of punctation in yellow or red. If so, then your driver software disk that came with the computer needs to be reloaded, or go to there site and see if there is a newer driver for that printer. Lastly, go to the control panel and click the printer, etc. icon and check the settings of it. Again if there is an error or warning sign, if so correct it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

you might have a wireless router but that doesnt mean that the printer is wireless. does the printer cable run to your desktop or laptop. Id run a printer box (a little gizmo that has an "A" and "B" option depending on where you want the print out from.) and see if this helpes.

Alternatively you could run the printer from both machines and see if you get the same error message. good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Having similar problems myself, I had to update the printer drivers on all 3 of my PCs on my linksys wifi network to the same versions of printer drivers. Then I tested them connected directly to the printer with test pages. After that I doubled check I had them all setup in the same network neighborhood on my system property settings under computer name. I also check my system setup making sure that printer and file sharing is turned on and then did test prints from all systems. Also can right click on the printer and check the sharing tab for your printer there for allowing systems with other versions of windows to use the printer .

• 1 decade ago

Hi there,

Delete the quicken PDF printer from printers and faxes This should resolve the issue, as it has worked for one my customer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Carol
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Printer activated solution http://goo.gl/lBzoZV

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.