Who do you think has the BEST free e-mail accounts on the web?

I have started having trouble sending email from my primary account and the provider can't provide me with an explanation as to why this is happening. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

It depends on how you like your conversations organized and what you use to get your e-mails.

If you use Outlook / Thunderbird, there's really only one option unless you want to pay - Gmail.

If you use the web:

If you organize your stuff into folders, Yahoo works well, but I prefer my conversations to be linked together like they would in chat. Gmail does this beautifully.

Yahoo has a lot of ads... an average of 5 ads (text, banner, flash, etc) per page. If you have ad-blocking stuff for your browser (Adblock Plus + Adblock Filterset.G Updater is AWESOME and you need Firefox for it... which is also AWESOME)

Gmail has one area of ads and an RSS reader that sometimes has ads - these are occationally actually useful.

Overall?

I like gmail much, much better than Yahoo. But when Gmail loads - it takes a while because it's loading a lot behind the scenes. Once you're into gmail it's super fast.

If you want a gmail invite (the only way to get in) e-mail me at amandakerik @ gmail . com - minus the spaces.

Yahoo has always been good to me, good spam filter, lots of storage, and it's just familiar. It's the account I've had the longest, and I'd probably pay a nominal fee to keep it if it came to that, before I was forced to go with Hotmail or something. Good luck in your search for the perfect e-mail provider!

I like gmail a lot... but yahoo is more practical: everybody has a yahoo account and I must have one just to get access to all the features in the groups I'm in (photos, files, etc). Gmail gives a lot of free space and I need that because I store a lot on my e-mail adress. Some friends use aol, but I guess one has to get used to it. I had accounts on hotmail (gave up) and excite (also gave it up). You can check all these and choose! Have fun!

• MM

Definately Yahoo by a long shot. CNET.com has Yahoo! Email as one of the top free web services of all time.

• ?

i might propose gmail. have been making use of it for a pair of years, and in no way had a undertaking with it. the hunt effective factors are spectacular, and you hardly see unsolicited mail. i've got in no way had any deliverablility themes the two. I acquire each thing that I examine in for. (And that is notably perplexing to fill up too!) Regards, Eric G.

I have been a yahoo mail user since 1999, without incident. It's free, and there's a gig storage space. I'm a huge fan of their service.

Yahoo!

It is not a comercial, but it is the best! Lot of storage room, very good design, and now there is the Yahoo! BETA Mail! Try it, you will be very happy with it...

Source(s): www.yahoo.com

I've used Yahoo for years...find it great...sends spam to bulk folder and very reliable. Also used Hotmail, don't like it nearly as much.

I loved Yahoo until it didn't do free POP anymore. I kept it but now I'm very happy with Gmail: http://www.gmail.com/

I use yahoo as my secondary account, it has good spam protection and virus protection and its free!