Problems with "Internet Explorer 7"?

I have twice now attempted to downlaod IE7 form Microsoft, I have disabled my anti-virus, security, spy-ware etc prior to downlaod as instructed. But each time the programme is faulty - the minimise/restore/close buttons don't work, the windows fragment, and it is not possible to close from the tab in the... show more I have twice now attempted to downlaod IE7 form Microsoft, I have disabled my anti-virus, security, spy-ware etc prior to downlaod as instructed. But each time the programme is faulty - the minimise/restore/close buttons don't work, the windows fragment, and it is not possible to close from the tab in the taskbar. The only way I have been able to close the connection if to switch of PC with it open and then do a system restoreto get IE6 back.
Has anybody had similar problems or know what I am doing wrong? Or how to fix it? And is IE7 actually worth the effort?