Kerry blue terriers?

so much in the news in the last few days about rothweillers attacking kids in the UK, a 5 month old baby has died and today a 2 year old is in hospital because of the same breed. I have a kerry blue terrier and their nature is supposed to be ferocious and stubborn , yet in their history they were left to babysit... show more so much in the news in the last few days about rothweillers attacking kids in the UK, a 5 month old baby has died and today a 2 year old is in hospital because of the same breed. I have a kerry blue terrier and their nature is supposed to be ferocious and stubborn , yet in their history they were left to babysit children in their homes when the parents went to tend to their farms, 1800, are we to blame as a society NOW for the change in any dogs behaviour. would love to know your views?
Update: if you dont live in the UK you may not know the whole story!