How can i import data from tally 5.0 / 5.4 to tally 7.2 ??

I have installed tally 7.2 r1.13 in my computer. All my data are stored in the old version 5.0. Is it possible to export data to the new version?? Pls explain

Favorite Answer

The data in tally is stored in tally\data directory. It is very easy to convert it from 5.4 to 6.3 or 7.2 but if the data is of 4.5 then you need as separate converter file to do the conversion.

Which ever companies you want to convert from tally 5.4 to tally 7.2 you have to note down the company no. and go to data folder. Here copy the folder no. of that company and paste in tally 7.2 tally data directory.

when you would open that company in 7.2 it would automatically ask for rewriting that data and it would be rewritten in newer version.

How ever conversion from tally 7.2 or 6.3 to 8.1 you again need tally migration file which comes with tally software.

Detail about how to convert data from tally 7.2 to 8.1 you can go to this link

http://apnitally.blogspot.com

Source(s): for tally related articles http://apnitally.blogspot.com
  • swarn

Tally Data Converter

Just copy the "Data" folder from Tally 5 to Tally 7. Now when you start Tally 7.2 it should convert the data to be compatible to the newer version. If not, then "Select Company" and point to the new folder within the "Data" folder,i.e 0001 or 0002 and the program will prompt if you want to convert the data to the newer version, select Yes and that's it.

Hope I've covered all, do ask if you need more info.

I use Tally 7.2 educational Version. The 5.4 Data is Password protected. In a educational version we cannot enter the password. how can i convert??

you need a valid license to convert any version data to latest version of Tally Hardik Mehta Hardik Printers Authorized Tally Service Partner, Tally Integrator

1. take backup from tally 5.4

2. start tally 7.2 >

3. click on F3 (cmp info) chose restore option

4. now select the file which u back up from 5.4

5. as soon as u restore it will ask to convert data into 7.2 just say yes.

still need any help give me buzz

Great question, hope people can give some insightful answers

It depends on many factors