Angelo
Angelo asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

For drummers: What make of drums do you use?

what colour is it? and do you have your own personalized drumhead?

also how many pieces?

Favorite Answer

i play many kits but my special is my signature pink glitter kit with my signature heads. the kit i play usually has a big bass, 2 mounted toms and 1 floor, snare, hi-hats, double bass pedal, ride, 3 crashes, a splash. i go through kits quickly because i play hard and sometimes give away pieces after gigs.

i really like Peace kits also.

I play in a 50's/60's rock and roll band. Our drummer has original Premier Kenny Clare Resonators with Vida Zildjian cymbals. The drums are about 30 years old. Premier always have a kit after a living drummer and, when they die, stop making them. The resonator was Kenny's design and is, in effect, a drum withing a drum with a very thin layer of air in between. This makes them much louder and he never needs to mike them up. The kit consists of Bass drum, snare drum, two small tom-toms, one medium tom-tom, two floor tom-toms, hi-hat and seven cymbals.

The chromework is as good as new but the edge of the drums shows some wear but as he tunes them correctly they sound as good as they did thirty years ago. The skins are, I think, Thunderers. The drums are the original black colour although they were available in natural wood, white, green, blue and red.

I have Pearl! I like them alot. They are metalic green. For my snare I use Remo, for everything else I use Evans, not personalized. I have a five piece, with two Ziljian crash, Ziljian ride, and a yamaha double bass pedal.

Tama. White to black fade. Stock Evans skins

Yamaha, my babies...

Red, beautiful drums.

check out my band www.purevolume.com/room11