Remote access for windows-xp?
How can i setup my windows-xp professional (SP2) for remote access from any other computer ? Step by step ?
- 1 decade agoBest Answer
On the remote access target computer ("server") of remote access:
1. Right-click the My Computer
2. Go to "Remote" page, tick the "Allow users to connect remotely to this computer" box. Then click on the "Select Remote users..." box if you want to specify who can use remote access to access this computer apart from you.
3. Then you're ready to go :-)
On the computer you want to remote access to the above computer ("client") :
1. Go to "Start">Run, type "mstsc" then go "OK"
2. Type the IP address of the target computer
3. You'll see the login screen. Type in the username and password, then you're in!
It's that easy!
- Anonymous1 decade ago
hook up the computers together (don't know what wire)
put the windows cd in set it up
(i'm 50% sure)
- Anonymous5 years ago
very confusing situation. search into google and yahoo. it will help!