Does someone know about ceramic titanium coated cookware as an alternative to teflon?

Looking for a non stick cookware option that is non toxic. What is your experience with the ceramic titanium coatings? What is a good brand? Have seen mixed reviews of Scanpan; not familiar with it.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I have no answer concerning the ceramic titanium coatings, but I do have experience with Scan pan.

I bought them for both here in MI and for FL. This year I got rid of it all, which was really hard to do as it is expensive, but I really could not stand cooking with it any longer as everything stuck to it. When I went back to the store, where I bought it, they told me that they don't carry it anymore because of all the problems they had with it. I have been under the assumption that you do not use lots of butter and oil in a non stick pan, but I sure had to with all their fry pans.

I have been picking up one at a time a cookware called BERNDES, which I love.

• 1 decade ago

Yes very expensive but awesome to use nothing sticks. I will wait several years til the price comes down.

• 1 decade ago

I utilize 18/10 stainless steel pans with a thick bottom

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.