How do you stop an inactive DSC home security system from beeping randomly?

I bought a house about 2 years ago with a DSC home security system installed by the provious owner. I have never activated the service. When I first moved in, the system keypad would randomly beep 2x until someone pressed any keys on the pad. It stopped for a while and has started beeping randomly again, but more frequently. It seems to go off a few times throughout the day, not at any regular intervals, but annoying enough to want to rip it out of the wall (which may be my next step). Again, pressing some of the keys seems to satisfy it for a short time. There are no manuals or instructions for the system and nothing on the pad to provide any advice.

Best Answer

without a programmers manual, the only thing you can do is disconnect the leads going into it. That in itself shouldn't be too hard, and it won't leave an unsightly hole in your wall, and may still dupe burglars into thinking you have an alarm system on you home. I hope this helps to save your sanity.

• anekey

Dsc Alarm Wont Stop Beeping

If you have the issue with the beeping every 24 hours and having to press the Cancel button, I found this solution from another site, and it works great! Take the keypad face off the wall keypad. You'll prob use a small screwdriver to pry it off by the two clip openings at the bottom. then remove the circuit board from the outer plastic casing with the buttons. Find the speaker. A round unit attached to the circuit board in the lower left corner. On the opposite side of the circuit board there should be two soldered points connecting the speaker to the board. The sound can be simply by shorting the leads across the electric speaker. Just get a few strands of copper wire from old speaker wire. Hold it across the solder points and use duct tape to hold it on and keep it attached. The wire will kill 99%-100% of the sound. The main alarm system will still work nice and loud. Your wall unit will now just have little to no sound at all. This is a 5 minute, zero cost solution.

have a beeping on my dsc system I stop it by pushing a reset button but a few days

and it's back, I have no idea how to keep it off, and I don't want this system, I got

a house with it in already. can't I get someone from adt or dsc system people to

remove it I do not know about dewireing this item.

this is wired into a motherboard panel and goes into the wall is not on batteries , it beeped all night long and randomly throughout the day it stops when I press the number key but for a short while. We still use it and it has a siren so I just want to keep it but need to know why its doing this and can I fix it myself.

If you open the keypad, you will see a small speaker inside. Unplug the two wires on the plastic clip and the problem will be solved without damaging the unit....in case you decide to ever use it.

Source(s): Been there, done that
    • robert5 years agoReport

Worked perfectly without setting off the alarm.. Good advise

• aussie

disconnect the power to it and remove any back up batteries it may have