Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 decade ago

dangers of inhaling helium?

inhaling helium

dangers of helium

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Helium is not air (although in air in low quantities). Whenever you replace air with another gas (for breathing) you are temporarily depriving the brain and lungs of oxygen. This is the same question as dangers of inhaling carbon monoxide, or carbon dioxide or other inert, room temperature gases. This kills cells. So if you breath air and lose, say 100 brain cells in a period of time, and breath helium and lose 400 brain cells in the same period, which is worse? If you wish to no do damage to your body, than don't do things to it which hurt it. If you believe small amounts of damage to the body are simply the price to pay in order to have fun, than go for it. If you are huffing helium, than the amount of damage you will do will be significant since the damage you do increases exponentially with the duration of use of helium.

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

dangers of inhaling helium?

inhaling helium

dangers of helium

Source(s): dangers inhaling helium: https://shortly.im/3jMMf
  • 1 decade ago

If you inhale helium under pressure, you could damage your lungs. We had a fair near my house once and a kid inhaled from the helium tank and was rushed to the hospital and died from his lungs rupturing.

Also, when you inhale helium, if you do it excessively, you can get less blood flow to your brain. If you do it enough, it can affect your brain.

If you are talking about inhaling helium from a balloon so that you have a funny voice, there should be nothing wrong with that unless you are doing it extemely excessively.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The dangers of inahing helium are rare, but if you don't breathe for 5 seconds in between, you could get a soar throat or something worse I'm not all the way sure.

Yeli

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The inhalation of helium cuts off a person's supply of oxygen and can cause dizziness, unconsciousness and ultimately death.

Besides the serious risk of lung damage, you could end up with bubbles of helium in the arteries that lead to your brain. This can lead to stroke-like symptoms

Source(s): www.balloonartists.com.au/helium.htm
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well as Al Bundy said,once i inhaled really a lot and i passed out for like an hour.it was a bad trip.

Laurence C.

• 1 decade ago

helium o lungs equals oxygen supply to lungs cut off, which cuts off oxygen to the brain, hus making you dizzy and gving you the high.

dangers of oxygen depravation: retardation, blindness, organ failure, and death, all documented after even one minute in some cases.

but hey, you are only young once, right? kill those braincells... you don't need to be smart.

• 1 decade ago

if you inhale too much, you will float away

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I did ti right now yolo lol

• 1 decade ago

hi.. breaks down your cells, which can clog up in ure brain, and u die

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.