Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

whats an mrt in the texas criminal justice department....(i think thats what it is)...?

need some info on that if u know what im referrin to let me know alright....if not...thanks anyways

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Joe D
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Moral Roconation Therapy

Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT®) was one of the first comprehensive, systematic attempts to treat substance abusing offenders from a purely cognitive behavioral perspective. In 1985 formal MRT® was developed by Dr. Greg Little and Dr. Ken Robinson by combining Smothermon's concepts with theories of moral development (Kohlberg), ego and identity development (Erikson), behavioral conditioning, Maslow's needs hierarchy, and Carl Jung's concepts.

MRT® is an objective, systematic treatment system designed to enhance ego, social, moral, and positive behavioral growth in a progressive, step by step fashion. MRT® has 12 to 16 steps, depending on the treatment population. MRT® attempts to change how drug abusers and alcoholics make decisions and judgments by raising moral reasoning from Kohlberg's perspective.

Briefly, MRT® seeks to move clients from hedonistic (pleasure vs. pain) reasoning levels to levels where concern for social rules and others becomes important. Research on MRT® has shown that as clients pass steps, moral reasoning increases in adult drug and alcohol offenders and juvenile offenders.

MRT® focuses systematically on seven basic treatment issues: confrontation of beliefs, attitudes and behaviors, assessment of current relationships, reinforcement of positive behavior and habits, positive identity formation: enhancement of self-concept, decrease in hedonism and development of frustration tolerance, and development of higher stages of moral reasoning.

• 1 decade ago

I have never heard of MRT, but if it is something you overheard and may not have understood properly I may have an answer.

A fairly common term used in criminal justice in Texas is an MRP. This is shorthand for Motion to Revoke Probation/Parole. If a person is on probation or parole and has failed to meet the standards, the P.O. can file a motion to revoke (the other common term) with the courts. A warrant will be issued for the probationer and then the court will hold a hearing to decide if they go to jail or return to probation or parole.

• 6 years ago

Criminal Record Search Database : http://infosearchdetective.com/Official

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You may have heard of a M.E.R.T. Marijuana Eradication Response Team.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You might want to google that

• 1 decade ago

sorry I can't help you . good luck

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.