How do you keep dogs out of your trash cans?

I live out in the country so I can't do anything about them running wild, as there is no law about that. I tried putting rocks in the bottom of the can, but this is a BIG dog! The dog knocks over the can and scatters my trash all over the road and the yard! I am so tired of cleaning up after someone... show more I live out in the country so I can't do anything about them running wild, as there is no law about that. I tried putting rocks in the bottom of the can, but this is a BIG dog! The dog knocks over the can and scatters my trash all over the road and the yard! I am so tired of cleaning up after someone else's dog getting in my trash!
Update: Ya-sai......Can you tell me the name of this spray or where you can buy it?
Update 2: Anti-freeze is now formulated to be non-hazardous to animals.

As for getting a cat, there are also stray cats in my neighborhood and they get in the trash just like the dogs do!