Acid Reflux & Difficulty Swallowing.?

I was diagnosed with Acid Reflux when I was 15 (I'm now 20) and I've had trouble swallowing since about 15 too. The doctor told me that it was probably also due to the Acid Reflux so I was given medication and sent on my way. That didn't help and I am now 20 and my swallowing and acid reflux is just... show more I was diagnosed with Acid Reflux when I was 15 (I'm now 20) and I've had trouble swallowing since about 15 too. The doctor told me that it was probably also due to the Acid Reflux so I was given medication and sent on my way.

That didn't help and I am now 20 and my swallowing and acid reflux is just as bad as ever, so bad that sometimes I actually choke on the food and can't breathe and have to force myself to cough it back it. It's nearly gotten to the point where I am even scared to try to eat therefore I eat small portions throughout the day with a drink near by to help it go down.

I have also stopped eating out in public because of this for the fear that something may happen and I'll end up making a scene in front of a bunch of strangers.

Does anyone know what I should do? I've been back to the doctor [two different doctors] and they both have said the same thing.

Any help?