OUCH!! Tummy feels really empty it hurts?

I am approx 7-8 weeks pregnant and my stomach feels really really empty. I ate breakfast at about 7:30am i had oatmeal and a banana, at about 10:00am i had a good size fruit salad and at 1:45pm i had a sandwich. I am not starving but it seems that if i go a couple of hours without eating my stomach starts growling and it feels so empty it hurts. I don't believe in eating for two, i do believe in eating more smaller healthier foods thru out the day, I am not starving my self i feel like a little piggy. Is anyone else going thru this, I mean i am only 7-8 weeks pregnant is it going to get any worse, I guess if it is my co-workers are going to have to start hidding their lunch. lol!!!

Best Answer

I'm also 7/8 wks, and I get hungry every 2 hours, even after a big meal. Your body is going through alot, even though you can't see it. Always eat if you feel hungry. You need to keep your energy up and supply extra calories so your body can grow that baby. Sounds like what your eating is great, maybe with that sandwich you could add a little soup or salad. I ate lunch today right before I went to wal-mart and once I got there i was immediately hungry again. Luckilly, they have a McD's there, so I got myself some fries ;)

Sounds pretty typical. I am now at 21 weeks but I seemed hungry the whole first trimester but when I went to eat I didn't want anything.......Go get a book called " what to expect when you are expecting" by Heidi Murkoff. It's the pregnancy bible and will help with all these questions. Your question as well as many others that you would not expect is in there. It's excellent in describing all of these little things that worry moms and help distinguish when something is "normal" or not.

Good Luck!

Sometimes this happens. Just eat small amounts all day long. You can stash protein bars in your desk. Protein will make you feel fuller longer than fruit will. A little cheese is also a good snack. Eating for two is not a good idea, but do remember you are building a person and since people are made of meat, you need protein to build one!

it doesnt get worse, but it does stay like this. The good thing is it only takes a little food to make the feeling go away. Just keep crackers or pretzels handy an pop a few in your mouth when you feel this way. The few extra calories wont hurt at all.

You may not believe it, but you ARE eating for 2. If you are so hungry it is causing you pain, chances are the baby feels the same. You need to eat more, that is how the baby get vitamins and stuff. "Eating for 2" is not an excuse to pig out, it is a simple fact. There is a 2nd person living in your belly that needs food too.

• Pinkie

That was what happened to me instead of morning sickness with my first one. I felt like I hadn't eaten in over a year when I went more than 3 hours without a meal! I usually goes away by the end of month 5! sorry

Eat woman! This is the only time in your life that its good to gain weight & eat whatever you want! When I was preggo, I craved taco bell every day & thats what I ate (on top of other healthier things too) Don't hold back-your body is telling you what it needs!

EAT!!! if your stomach is Hungary then you need to eat. Do not fight your hunger. At this time in your pregnancy it is good to eat. Eventually you will get morning sickness and not eat as much. But if you are worried then get little snacks that are low in fat. You need to eat if you are Hungary.

Source(s): mom of two girls and 20 weeks pregnant with a boy.
  • Melba

lol, it seems normal. I'm going through the same thing. And yes, I feel like a pig too. lol, I hope it don't get too much worse but we'll see. Good luck

you have to eat more. the baby is starting to get hungry. as you get farther along, you will just want to eat. have a little sanck every time you feel "empty" it will be fine