Is it okay to wear black to a wedding? or white shoes after Labor Day?

I know black is "for" funerals... and I bought this super cute Springy white halter dress with pink and green flowers, but I cannot find the right shade of pink or green shoes to match and that stresses me out! I know I'm not supposed to wear white shoes after Labor Day, true or just a myth? so... show more I know black is "for" funerals... and I bought this super cute Springy white halter dress with pink and green flowers, but I cannot find the right shade of pink or green shoes to match and that stresses me out! I know I'm not supposed to wear white shoes after Labor Day, true or just a myth? so then I fell back on this adorable short strapless black dress I have to accessorize with red shoes, red bracelets, etc... is that off limits as well?! Thanks
Update: Wedding is On saturday, outside at 3:00 PM (in a cold area of California!)