Trouble asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

Week 3 start Tom Brady or David Carr?

On paper this looks like a ridiculous question, but from a Fantasy standpoint...not so much. Carr's thrown four touchdowns with no interceptions and over the past two weeks would have netted more fantasy points than Brady (had I started him). So going into week three should it be Brady vs. Denver or Carr vs. Washington in a league that does not take points off for sacks?

Best Answer

Conventional wisdom say Brady, but the way I see it if Washington can't move the ball like they haven't been doing in the last 2 games Carr will have plenty of opportunities to throw. He has plenty of weapons to throw to and Brady doesn't have a "#1 receiver" to throw to. If Portis and Springs are out I think you should start Carr. If Springs is in I would go safe and play Brady. Good Luck!

Tom Brady

Brady...drop Carr

i agree with Chino. On any given sunday I would go with Brady (I have him in my league) but this weekend i would think twice. Brady is indeed the safe bet, but in our league he has been outscored by Carr 25 vs. 42 respectively. Brunnel and company looked pitiful last game, and Portis i banged up. I think my vote goes to Carr, I think. LOL Thats a tough one

I'd consider the projected numbers as well. Furthermore, if you are the underdog a gamble is may be worth it

Tom Brady the guy is consistent Carr is random

i understand as I have started brady the past two weeks and his performance has been mediocre. i'd still start brady but his passing game is weak since all the confusion with his WR's and all. they still need time to connect before any real results can happen. If I were in your shoes, I'd start carr. he seems to be performing better and haas the more options. wash secondary sucks so it might be easier for carr to perform like he did last week.

I would stick with Brady. The Broncos offense can't move the ball so Brady will see plenty of T.O.P, he will throw some TD's this week. The Redskins will punish the Texans this week and Carr will struggle.

Brady. I don't think Carr has shown enough to warrant starting him over Brady yet.

You didn't draft Brady as a backup to sit behind Carr did you?.......no brainer, Brady all the way.

Tom Brady, he's one of perhaps 3 or 4 "start em every week" calibre quarterbacks in the NFL. He can put up points on any defense right now.